Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The mark that summer is over!!! BOO!!!

The Fair coming to town is kind of the mark for the end of summer and back to school time around here. I remeber starting school and the first field trip of the year was to the Fair! Do kids still get to go on field trips??? It has been about 9 years since I have been to the fair and the last time was really just to show up for a concert, no real walking around. So I was a bit excited to be going, not to mention this would be the very first time for the kid's. Did I say that we FORGOT THE FREAKIN CAMERA?!?!?!?!?! Luckily Auntie Bonnie brought her's so we were able to get some pics!!!!



They were very excited and Chloe was looking forward to seeing the horses. Which as we were walking in to find grandma & papa they had the Budwiser horses out getting ready to walk through the fair. Miss Chloe was not happy that she was being kept back by a chain and wanted to pet the horses. Some how we pried her away only for someone, not sure who to inform Chloe that there was horse racing!!!! We didn't hear the end of this ALL DAY!!!!!!

Connor was not a very happy boy for most of the day. There was lots of loud music and that made him cry several times. But by the end of the day I don't know if he was so exhausted that EVERYTHING was hialrious or he had just come to enjoy what was going on. We got his face painted with a dragon on it, and the lady painted an a balloon on his arm with glitter and everything so he could see it. He wasn't too sure about the face painting and was a bit serious with a couple smiles and giggles in between.





Gwynne was in fashion diva HEAVEN when we hit the jewlery booths. The girl came home with a TON of stuff. Earrings, bangle braclets, necklace w/earrings, & a new purse. She was a shopping manic. But I swear by the end of the day if I heard "I want..." one more time someone was going to get hurt!!!!! If I got paid that day for every time the phrase was said I would have made back all the money we spent plus some!!! So now we are broke, but I don't care. We all had a blast.

There was a really cool winter wonderland exhibit with a little ice skating rink, an area where the kids could run around and play with snow, and a little hill they could sled down. The girls went nuts!!!! They didn't want to stop sledding. So I have been thinking about getting some family together this winter and renting a cabin for a long weekend. Just have to figure out how that is going to work with Connor and his wheelchair! Logistics....they really suck!




We spent the most time I think with the farm animals. They had some the biggest freakin rabbits I have ever seen!!! They were bigger then my fat momma cat, and pretty dang close to the size of grandma's cocker spaniel only much longer!!!! I think one was sizing me up and wanted to beat me down for some reason.



The girls walked all day (about 8 hours)and walking out to the parking lot, Gwynnie was telling me "momma, I tired, my feet hurt." But my goodness my back was killing me and I made the little girl walk all the way to the car! LOL! Which.....we had a little trouble finding. LOL! We needed these at the end of the day not the beginning!!!


So that is how we spent our Saturday!

1 comment:

Triplethefunplus2 said...

OMG! Connor's little pout! I could just smush those cheeks! He looks so grown up in these pictures!

I'm glad you guys had such a good time. We still have yet to make it to the fair, next year for sure!

Yep, fieldtrips still exist. We are going on our first one on the 14th, to a pumpkin patch. Actually, Roo had her first one this past Friday, they walked to McD's for breakfast. wahoo!! lol