Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hitting the Books!

It's school time for everyone! Including Mommy!!!! I have not had this many panic attacks in a really long time. The kids and I all started school last week and what a mess it has been. I started at a new college in order to get in the classes I need to apply to nursing school. I got a late registration because I'm a procrastantor. I thought my application was still good, but it wasn't! So I had to re-submit it again hence getting the late registration time. So basically I got one class for sure, but not the one I really wanted. So I did the show up for the first class and cross your fingers you will get added. Well I barely scraped by and got one of the two classes I REALLY wanted this semster. Which I'm kind of excited about. It is a humanities class in mythology. The other class that I was hoping to drop in lew of a poli sci class in public speaking. I was so sick showing up for the first class last night. And it was only made worse by the fact that we have to bring in a VHS tape and ALL our speechs will be taped for us to review. HELP!!!! But I have to say these classes are kind of a nice change from all the science classes I have been taking. Classes to ease me back in after being off for a few months. I just hope the anxiety attacks are over now that the first week of school is over and I have a better feel for the new campus. I might even loose some weight and tone up a bit! There are LOTS of stairs and the parking is on one end of campus and my classes on the opposite end. GOOD TIMES!!! Been sweating my rear off every time I'm there!!!
The kids bus schedule is all messed up again. They had set the kids on the wrong times for summer school and did again for the beginning of this school year. Some how transportation was not informed that the kids are now Kindergardeners and not in Pre-school any longer. So the girls have to get up at 6am to catch the bus by 7am, which is just enough time to get through our morning routine. They should be up at 5:30am, but I refuse to get them up that early. They are NOT happy with this new schedule, but each day seems a bit better. Hopefully with the time change it will get even better. Right now they are using my words against me. I would tell them that is was dark and the sun was asleep so they had to go to bed until the sun came up. Yep! It has come to bite me in the butt now! So when I wake them up at 6am and it is still dark I'm told "it's dark! We have to sleep! There is no SUN!!" of course this is said while yelling, whinning and any other way possible to protest! But hopefully....next week they will get the schedule worked out and the girls will have a later bus time. Right now the girls are on the bus for about an hour going to several diffrent locations to drop other kids off. Today is day four of school for the girls and they have already been late once to school!
Connor has busing issues as well and has missed the last two days of school, but we are told tomorrow everything will be on track. The poor kid has only showed up for the first day of school and has not been back. These are times were I feel really guilty about being a working mom and not at home to get the kids to and from where they need to be. I have been feeling like the worst mom ever recently, and feeling like moms of singletons are judging me. I normally don't give a rat's @$$! But it is getting to me.
I think mostly what it is are the girls are in more activities. And this puts them with other kids their age and they just stand out from the other kids their age. The lack of maturity, listening, etc. I know they are micro preemies, but first they tell you oh they will be caught up when they are about 2. Well that came and went and we still had many delays. So then they tell us they will be caught up by the time they are 5. Well they will be 5 in a little over 7 weeks. I don't think it is going to happen. So when? Will they ever?? Is it something I'm doing?? Am I doing too much for them and not making them independent enough? I know I do a lot of things I should make them do, but it is just so much easier and quicker if I just do them. Again my OCD and control issues rear their ugly head! I realize how totally unprepared I really was for having kids, let alone preemies.

Oh my! It still doesn't seem real that I'm going to have 5 year olds!!! What happen to my babies. They have come such a long, long way.

1 comment:

Triplethefunplus2 said...

Screw those singleton moms. They have no idea what your life is like and I think you're rocking it!!! You just keep on doing what you're doing and get yourself through school! I'm proud of you for taking that on!!