Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gwynne

Something is going on with my little girl and I don't know what. I'm stumped. She is fighting us tooth and nail on homework. She says school sucks, and is a pain every morning getting ready for school. I talked to her teacher about not liking school. See if someone was picking on her or if Gwynne had said any thing to Ms. R. NOPE! Ms. R was completely surprised by what I was telling her. Including our talk yesterday about not doing homework.

I have tried talking to Gwynne but she gets real shy and quiet on me when I try to ask her questions. This is the first year the girls are in separate classes. But they do have time during the day that the classes come together and they have recess together. I don't think it is them being separated. But I'm not 100%. They were separated for the six weeks of summer school and no real problems.

For the most part she has been herself at home. But she has become more attached we have noticed to her lovey. Normally lovey would only be grabbed when she was tired and trying to sooth herself. Now it seems just about every time we turn around she has it, not to mention she has times that she doesn't want to leave the house without it. Not just on school days, but weekends with us.

I wonder if I'm missing something or just reading too far into things. Why can't kids come with an instruction manual or a re-program button that you get to use every now and then as they are growing up.

No comments: