Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bye Bye G-Tube!!!

Today we are one more step closeer to Gwynne getting rid of her g-tube. I'm not sure what the procedure is called, I didn't go to the appt. Jason did. She will be going under so the doctor can remove the skin that has grown around the stoma. The G-tube will be placed back into place and next week we will go into the office and they will pull her g-tube for good and allow the skin to fuse back together.




We are happy to be getting rid of it. But the mommy in me is freakin out. What if she gets sick? What if, what if....! But we have not needed to use it except for when she has totally refused to take medications. So it is good that it will be gone and she will not have that crutch to fall back on.

I'm losing my mind already and it is not even 8am yet. She has her surgery this afternoon. We have to be at the hospital by noon to go through the admitting process. She has to be NPO as of midnight last night and she can clear liquids until 9am. She is already screaming at me and getting pissed cause I won't give her any milk.

This is gonna be a very long morning!!!!

1 comment:

Triplethefunplus2 said...

Hope it went well! I had no idea! Before you know it - this will be all completely in the past and not a thought any longer!!