Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cheating AGAIN!!!

Am I getting old and mean??? I don't get it. This is the first time in all my years, (YES! I said years)of college seeing people so blatantly cheat! We had a quiz two weeks ago. Same two ladies wrote a bunch of stuff down on the their desk. We had an in class essay according to the syllabus. Not really a an essay really. We were given 5 topics and had to pick three to write a paragraph, P-A-R-A-G-R-A-P-H on each question. This is a mythology class, he allowed us to have our reading hand outs and our books along with one page, front and back of hand written notes. It doesn't get much easier then this people!!!! I missed last week due to Gwynne's surgery so I forgot about the one page of written notes we could have.

Tell me these same two ladies did not have a few pages of typed notes, and passed notes back and forth. REALLY?!?!? Is it that freakin hard??? If you had read the materail and been in class for discussions I don't see how this task required cheating. But then again, is it really cheating?? I don't know. I just know it is bugging me and I don't know why.

Oh and then he is letting people get up and walk out after handing out the test. Whatever, it's his class. Tell me as I leave one of the guys from my class is not walking up to me with the question sheet in hand. Proceeds to ask me about two of the questions. AND I FREAKING ANSWERED HIM!!!!!!!!! UGH!

Alright I will get off my soapbox now.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with cheaters in my class. 2 weeks ago someone used the internet to answer a quick write (15 minutes to write on a prompt) and now all laptops are banned during quick writes. Unbelievable. It was only worth 5 points!!!! I say you get a T-shirt on it with some religious scripture about cheating on the front and picture of flames and hell on the back. See what does (other than ostrisize you from your classmates!)