Friday, February 20, 2009

STRESSED Out!!!

I'm freaking out! I just completed my first week of school, taking my anatomy class. For the love of BATMAN!!!!!! Class is two days a week FIVE hours each night, and I need to do a MINIMUM of 12-15 hours of studying for this one class every week!!!

I'm scared I won't pass this class, yet I'm excited as all hell over this class. It is weird. Why did it take me so long to figure out that I had a knack for this? Let's hope my brain doesn't let me down.

Now lets add in a minimum of 50 hours of work a week, family, and sleep. You get the picture! I won't even bring in the state of the Nation that has me stressed out. Stressed and scared is really an under statement with the financial "crisis" we are in.

Which leads me to the people not sucking it up! I'm sick of people with their dang hands out, expecting everyone else to pay their way. The entitlement of a lot of people drives me through the roof. How the hell did these people get like this? How do you weed them out of the people who truly need help?

I don't mind the programs in place to help people in need, if they are REALLY in need. Hard times hit people. But everyone seems to have their hand out right now. Where do you draw the line?

If I had more finesse and could lie out my ass to people I should go into politics. LOL! Is there anyone out there who is straight forward and out for the best interest of us as a Nation or State?

I'm tired of busting my ass and doing WHAT EVER it takes to make it in life and have nice things, and other people are not like that. I have to give up "luxury's" that I have earned and worked for so other people can sit on their rear and have everything I do? Imagine if everyone busted their ass to take care of themselves? HOLY COW!! What has happen to the work ethic in this country?

We get some state assistance for my son via medical. But it is mandatory. If I want my son home with us and not in an "institution" we have to have nursing hours, which my insurance only has a one time pay out that we already used. I feel guilty as all get out that we get these benefits. It helps us tremendously, as if we didn't two things would happen. One, my husband would have to stop working and we would be come dependent on more state programs for our family to survive. Or I would have to give up my son to the state who would institutionalize him pending a foster home in which they would be paying out for nursing as they do for us now and pay more out of pocket while he was in a "home".

I'm the first to admit my kids are spoiled to all hell. But you know what they are going to now they have to work for crap, things are expected of them. People stop coddling your darn kids! Oh it might hurt their feelings....W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R!!!!!! That is not how life is, prepare your children for life, don't protect them away from it.

Alright I will get off my soapbox now. Talk amongst yourselves. Is there some way we can start a commune of sorts?? LOL!

Let me go figure out now if I can feed my family normal food or if it is top ramen and PB&J for everyone!

No comments: