Monday, February 9, 2009

Bleeding Heart

Yep! That is me! Only been a little over 48 hours since Jason took the dog back. I'm sick to the pit of my stomach and feel guilty as hell. I cried more then the girls did on Saturday. I have done nothing but think about him. We had some thunder and it has been raining since Thursday. So all I can think is he is in some cage cold, scared, sad and wondering why we don't love him.

Dang it! Already starting to tear up. I think this will be the third time I have cried today! It took all my restraint not to call the shelter and check on him, and not run over there on my lunch to steal a peek at him.

They claim they are a no kill shelter. Anyone know how to confirm that, rather then just taking their word?

I did the right thing for my family and those who help care for my kids, right?

For the love of Pinocchio I'm an emotional wreck! Gwynne has been telling me that she misses Maestro, and that she woke up last night and saw a dog in the house. UGH!

I couldn't take him so the girls and I said our good-bye's at the house and Jason took him. My mom, sis & I took the girls to go pick out their Valentine cards and did a little shopping. When we got home they immediately asked where the dog was.

Just a gentle reminder that we talked about this already and they were good. I guess they were not as attached to the dog as I was. But then again the promise of getting another dog maybe what is holding it off. I don't know.

If any one in the Los Angeles area reads this and knows someone who wants a dog with a great personality and lovable as all hell and doesn't have a lot of people coming and going out of their house and wants a bit of a guard dog. He is the one for you! I will tell you where to find him.

What kind of mess am I gonna be in if one of my cats ever dies?!?!?!

It is times like this that I feel having no connections and just yourself to worry about is the best freakin way to go.

Jason wants to get a puppy ASAP. I'm not sure what I want. But I worry if we wait to long I will not allow another dog in the house for my own selfish reasons.

BTW - The cats are happy as freakin can be! At least someone is I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you ever thought of getting a larger dog? I haev a German Sheppard/Blue Heeler mix. She is the most awesome. Very protective of kids (She literally has to be put outside if the kids are getting punished) She once bit my ex husband when he shoved me into a wall and slapped me..gave him 19 stitches (never try to play fight in front of her if it's a girl/guy situation LOL) Anyways. She's about 65lb's. Very loving, always wanting to please..but large enough that my 3 year old niece can't hide the toys from her (HA HA HA!) and yet small enough that when we go on vacation and want to take her with us she doesnt take up the entire back seat like my sisters Mastiff does.
It's ahrd integrating a older dog into a family. But a puppy also has the potty training etc...so..Good luck either way you choose :)