Monday, May 11, 2009

What Crap!

I have been part of a Triplet board(Was gonna put the link in but SCREW THAT!) pretty much since day one of finding out we were having triplets. The owners/mods are pretty non existent and have no clue what is going on around the boards. That is until someone sends them a message. WTF!

We all understand that sometimes the smaller person needs to be protected. I'm all for that. But you can only protect them so much. How many times do they get to kick around and stir up trouble for the more active long standing members??? How supportive can you be with excuse after excuse?

The situation did get out of hand. But when people's frustration is that high things are going to escalate.

I know a good part of what this person is going through. But don't get the reactions. Both my husband and I worked full time and had two of the three at home. We busted our ass to get our son home. A convalescent was never an option, and we did everything we needed to do. Jumped through every hoop the hospital wanted us to. Did we like it, no! But we understood why and knew it was best for Connor.

There have been more times then not that I didn't feel like I quit fit in on this triplet board. My situation was very different then everyone there. But I digested everything that was said. These parents had already paved the way for me, more of an expert then I was having triplets.

But I guess it comes down to who you are as a person. I don't like people telling me I can't do something, and I hate authority and love to make my own path and not be a sheep. I know what needs to get done and I do it. I suck it up and just freakin do it! There is no time for pity and crying about it. Everyone has their own problems in life and you don't need to make yourself one of their problems. Do your shit, do what is right by your family and eat a little crow if you have to in order to make that happen.

So I'm done. I'm not on this board that much anymore since the kids are older. But the people on the board really helped me through a very tough time with my kids. I was hoping to pay it forward. But this is the second time the owner has slapped me in the face. One too many times if you ask me.


And here I was trying to figure out if I was going to pay through the nose to go to the convention. Thank you Janet for making the decision for me! The answer is not just "NO!" but HELL NO!!!!!

2 comments:

Sonia (soniaks from TC) said...

You know, I'll be honest, I thought you were overexaggerating in your post, just a little bit. But guess what?? My post about J&K on GMA is gone!! Seriously, what was wrong with that one?? I am with you, my kids are older, so I'm not on near as much, but it is still a group of women that know what I am dealing with to a certain extent, and that was comforting to me. Now, not so much! To be constantly worried about stepping on someone's toes or saying the wrong thing is just so not worth it! Guess I will be deleting TC from my list of Favs as well.

Anonymous said...

Amy, you do more than just say the wrong thing. You're actually pretty mean sometimes. Why would you want to be mean to people you don't even know on a support forum? If you go back and read some of the things you have written, you might understand why people feel offended. The owners haven't "slapped [you] in the face", they have simply asked that you treat others with respect.