Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please Don't Feed the Mom

You have been warned! I finally got fed up about being over weight and the diets I have tried over the years to shed the pounds. I have never been successful. Since puberty hit I packed on the pounds. Found out my insurance covers the Lap Band procedure, so after lots of fun tests I found out I got approved. My surgery was two weeks ago and finally starting to feel better physically. Still a bit sore at times around the area of my port.

The first week SUCKED!!!!! Not only are you in pain from having surgery but you cannot eat anything. A clear liquid only diet. Which for the first day or two is not a problem cause you feel like shit.

Oh and not only was I recovering from surgery but my damn period who had disappeared for a few months decided it was time to show up two days post op. REALLY!?

My poor husband and kids have really bared the brunt of my antics. I have not been the best person to live with the first week and half. When week two rolled around I was never so damn happy to be able to eat mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs. Yes, I have graduated from clear liquids to mush. I can have baby food! Screw that! I would rather starve. LOL! Oh wait! That's what I'm doing at times. LOL!

So I'm getting into my third week and I can start having over cooked veggies and over ripe melon type foods. Whoo hooo!!!!

Been almost three weeks with no soda and I snapped today. Snagged some soda from a co-worker. OH hell that was wrong to do! I have been burping all day. And the weird thing. The first drink wasn't orgasmic like I thought it would be. It actually felt weird to be drinking soda. (Yes Jason I drank soda...Leave me alone!)

I dream of pastrami sandwich's, pizza, PBJ sandwich, some cheese and crackers. Oh sweet hell!

But I go for a follow up with the doctor on Sat. and will get weighed in. It's so crazy that I don't really feel like a lost any weight. But with my special diet I have to have dropped some weight. Two days post op when I weighed in I was 262 pounds. Bets on how much I have lost in two weeks??

The other negative since this surgery is my stomach has been so distended at times from gas, but not always. But then again my gut has always looked like I was about 5-6 months pregnant. I will not miss my gut, the sooner that mess is gone the happier I will be.

When all is said and done I hope to have lost 100-110 pounds. I'm excited as hell, but it feels weird that I will be shedding all this weight and be "thin". That seems like such a foreign word to me.

So my thin journey begins. Please don't feed the mom.

2 comments:

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

oh girlfriend. Shame on me for not keeping up with all you are going through. I am proud of you for doing whatever it is that makes you feel like screaming from the mountain tops.

Hope you are feeling good as new again. Smack me next time I get out of the loop. Seriously. But not too hard. I bruise easily. HUGS.

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Connor is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. All your kids are precious, special and earthly angels. I was born with a rare life threatening disease and diagnosed with 12 other medical conditions. I love it when people sign my guestbook. I also have devlopmental delays. www.miraclechamp.webs.com